Are you interested in helping Wheatbelt NRM deliver positive environmental action in the Wheatbelt?
Join our Public Fund Committee
Wheatbelt NRM is calling for Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced community members to join the Wheatbelt NRM Public Fund Committee.
Wheatbelt NRM is a registered charity under the regulation of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission. Wheatbelt NRM is also listed on the Register of Environmental Organisations which enables us to accept tax deductible gifts (DGRs). In line with our constitution we are required to establish and maintain a public fund, called the Wheatbelt Natural Resource Management Public Fund.
A Management Committee oversees the governance of the Public Fund. The primary function of this Committee is to make decisions on how to invest the fund to achieve its purpose of supporting the environmental purpose of Wheatbelt NRM. Additionally the Committee oversees the management of the fund and ensures it is complaint with the rules of Wheatbelt NRM and the Guidelines set out in the Register of Environmental Organisations.
To be considered for membership, nominees must:
- Be an Associate member of Wheatbelt NRM
- Qualify as a ‘responsible person” as defined by the Guidelines
As a guide the following may qualify as a Responsible Person:
- people with honours (OBE, KCMG, AO etc)
- clergy and church authorities
- trustees or board members of a not-for-profit school or college
- justices of the peace
- public servants with more than five years’ service
- accountants (must be CPA, ASA, ICA or NIA registered)
- persons holding public or elected office: - mayors - town clerks - councillors - members of parliament
- directors of large public companies (with responsibilities under the companies code)
- academics or teachers with more than five years’ experience
- people who hold (or have held) other public positions (eg member of the Australia Council)
- past or present office holders of other community organisations (eg President of Parent and Citizens Association, Secretary of Lions, Treasurer of Rotary)
The Public Fund Committee meets at a minimum once each financial year and the term of office is 3 years.
Members are appointed by the Wheatbelt NRM Board of Management for the purpose of securing skills required by the Committee to fulfil its functions.
If you are interested in membership to the Committee please submit a covering letter detailing your skills/ abilities/ experience which suit this position and provide detail of how qualify as a Responsible Person.
Expressions of Interest much be received by 4.00pm Monday 12 September 2022.
Please send your Expression of Interest to email@example.com
Chair of the Wheatbelt NRM Board, Debra Rule, can be contacted to discuss this opportunity at Drule@wheatbeltnrm.org.au or 0417 910 447.
Register of Environmental Organisations can be viewed here.
Wheatbelt NRM Rules of Association can be viewed here.
Terms of Reference - Wheatbelt Natural Resources Management Public Fund can be viewed here.