The Avon Catchment Council (ACC) has awarded 14 contracts to delivery organisations through a comprehensive Expression of Interest and Tendering process. The delivery organisations will undertake on ground delivery of the Council’s investment plan projects over the coming 12 months. These projects represent the first year of investment aimed at achieving 20 year targets in natural resource condition that are identified in the Avon NRM Strategy.
The flagship Salinity Management project is currently being reviewed to ensure that the actions the ACC takes to manage salinity are well targeted and meet community expectations. This project is due to commence in January 2006.
Projects are managed by ACC Project Managers Jason Haydock, Liz Kington and Chantelle Noack and all project enquiries can be directed to them.
The ACC look forward to working with delivery organisations and achieving the first of many on ground outcomes for the Avon Region. Congratulations to the following successful delivery organisations:
Delivery Organisation Project
Avon Natural Diversity Alliance (Department of Environment, Greening Australia WA, CALM & WWF)
• Sense of Place: conserving the Region’s characteristic ecoscapes
• Back from the Edge: saving native species and communities most at risk
• Healthy Ecosystems
GHD Pty Ltd
• Protection of Transport Assets
• Water Management and Self Sufficiency
• Identify spatial distribution of priority environmental pests and development of regional management responses.
Department of Agriculture WA and GHD Pty Ltd.
• Protection of Community Assets
• Groundwater source identification, assessment, monitoring
Department of Environment
• Avon River Waterway Management
Department of CALM
• Fire Management and Biodiversity
Avon Catchment Council
• Salinity Management
Department of Agriculture
• Identifying land management practices contributing to soil acidity and development of sustainable land management options
Agricultural Research of WA (ARWA)
• Increased awareness of soil health limiting factors and demonstration of land management practices that contribute to long term soil health.
Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation (SMEC)
• Baselining the region’s natural diversity
North East Wheatbelt Regional Organisation of Councils (NEWROC) and Greening Australia WA
• Our Patch: local people caring for local bushland
Contact: Rochelle Pyle
Marketing & Communications Manager
Ph: (08) 9690 2250