Salinity Management: Strategic Tree Cropping
Investment: $1 100 000
Delivery organisations: Oil Mallee Association
- 2.14 million mallee seedlings distributed to 82 landholders, planting approximately 1 200 ha of mallee tree crops on cleared agricultural land.
- Target integration value of mallee plantings into farm systems was approximately 8%. Extrapolation of this value assumes over 10,000 hectares of new farm systems developed integrated tree cropping to address NRM and production issues such as waterlogging, wind and water erosion.
Community engagement and capacity building
- One to one extension to build landholder capacity to plan and undertake large scale planting activity
- Case study reports on 15 properties available online at: www.avongro.com.au
- Development of 6 oil mallee fact sheets
Did you know?
- Our target set in 2005 was to establish 850 ha of oil mallees in the Avon River Basin - this target was exceeded by more than 70%.